Saturday, January 29, 2022

29/01/2022

It's been a while since I've been able to get to Nonsuch, but today was my first visit of the new year, and it did not disappoint!

It was a little quiet than I remember, with no gulls on the ground but lots flying over. It has been quite a windy day, so maybe the conditions were putting them off landing, and I really hope that's not the end of the gull season at Nonsuch. I heard a moorhen coming from P2 and there was a lot of passerine activity on the edge of ND1.

I had my first ever Red Kite over and I also had a sound recording in which a Coal Tit was detected.

That takes my overall species count to 42 for the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

29/01/2022

It's been a while since I've been able to get to Nonsuch, but today was my first visit of the new year, and it did not disappoint! I...