Tuesday, August 31, 2021

31/08/2021

Today was a pretty dull day in the Park, but was much quieter people wise. I was only able to go for a very quick bird watch (30 mins), but there were some nice highlights, and a firm reminder to always look upwards!

Highlights today include:

1 Hobby (heard faintly, then flew over me quietly as I left the Park via ND1)
7 Mistle Thrush (in Z1 near P1) - lovely to see, and I haven't seen them in a while as they are very easily disrupted from feeding on the ground
2 Moorhen (at P1 - heard a splash and assumed it was a dog, but was delighted to see two Moorhen there, as I rarely just see the one)
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker (incredibly close and hanging on to a bunch of leaves in TL3)
1 Green Woodpecker (very visible today, flying and dropping down on the grass in front me)
Good numbers of Blue Tits, Great Tits, Long-tailed Tits in TL3
1 Jay (to my surprise!)
1 Gull sp. flew overhead
Healthy numbers of the regular suspects (Magpie, Crow, Stock Dove, Woodpigeon, Parakeet)

Total species count for today: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment

29/01/2022

It's been a while since I've been able to get to Nonsuch, but today was my first visit of the new year, and it did not disappoint! I...