Tuesday, October 26, 2021

26/10/2021

Another brief visit before sundown.

The Green Woodpecker very vocal this evening and also seen quite a few times.

As I was leaving ND1 (just as I'd put everything away - typical), I heard the Little Owl. I've heard it there before, but haven't ever been able to pinpoint exactly where it is, but it must hold territory along some of the trees bordering ND1.

I was obviously seeing everything in 5s tonight - 5 Goldfinch, 5 Long-Tailed Tits, 5 Woodpigeons.

Lots and lots of gull movement - I counted over 50 and all were fly overs. A member of the public put something in the bin which attracted virtually all the crows in the area and two gulls. At one point I was certain they were going to land so I could finally get my first gull on the deck, get a picture, and hopefully ID it. It was about half a metre off the ground and then decided it would not bother.

There was also the usual late evening presence of thousands of Jackdaws returning to roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

29/01/2022

It's been a while since I've been able to get to Nonsuch, but today was my first visit of the new year, and it did not disappoint! I...